Benzema resigns international football on his birthday


 

Karim Benzema retired from international football on his 35th birthday, one day after France's heartbreaking 2022 World Cup final loss to Argentina.

Benzema was unable to compete and will not represent France again after suffering a thigh injury the day before the tournament began in Qatar.

He missed five years of international football because of allegations of blackmail. He returned in 2020 after missing France's World Cup victory in 2018.

"I had to work hard and make mistakes to get where I am today, and I'm proud of it!" Benzema posted on Twitter.

"I've completed my story, and ours is drawing to a close.

I'VE COMPLETED MY HISTOIRE

J'AI FAIT LES EFFORTS ET ERREURS QUE L'O JE SUIS AUJOURD'HUI ET J'EN SUIS FIER!

I'VE WRITTEN MY HISTOIRE AND FINISHED IT. #NUEVE PIC.TWITTER.COM/7LYEZBPHES


DECEMBER 19, 2022 — KARIM BENZEMA (@BENZEMA)


He earned 97 caps and is fifth on France's all-time goalscorer's list with 37 goals.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post